Just wanted to show what I have been working on, more curtains. I first bought the fabric for the dining room but not the breakfast room because the lady that was waiting on me said she thought there was only about 3 or 4 more yards on the bolt. A few days later I went back and had them check and there was actually 11 yards! I used every inch. At one point I thought I was going to be a few inches short but I had the exact amount I needed. I was thrilled.I chose fleur de lis rods and hooks. The thing about most hooks is once you put them on, they turn and you can't see them. I took each one apart and used bracelet wire to put the clip on to the ring so this way when they hang you can see the fleur de lis. The wire I used is gold because that is all I had but I will replace it with black.
Hobby Lobby only had 4 packages of hooks so I had to use some others to get the panels up. I've since been back to Hobby Lobby and purchased more so I'll change them out. I also like to put one hook outside the curtain rod bracket so when the curtains are closed they stay in place. It makes the curtains look fuller.They need a little tweaking as I basically put them up so I could measure, cut and hem. It took me about 10 hours to make 6 panels. That's with using the hemming glue~no sew.
Here they are in the dining room. Another room 1/2 done! My husband put my shelves up yesterday so it's starting to come together. I seem to jump from room to room. If I don't have everything to complete a room, I start another and come back to it when I get what I'm looking for.
Another thing about making panels. You have to match up prints just like you would for wallpaper. Otherwise the dark part of the checks (yes this is buffalo check it sometimes looks stripe) wouldn't match up. I couldn't get any good pictures that day because the sun was a bit bright but you get the idea. I'm very happy with the way they turned out...just about have them done.