Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Nester Christmas

WELCOME

We're joining the Nester's Christmas. (Well I am as Twin isn't quite done with the remodel just yet.) Because we posted previously with Rhoda, I'll just show my tree and my J O Y in the bedroom.

I saw this done on framed mirrors above the bed and LOVED it. I don't have mirrors so I just made vinyl letters and framed them.

I usually have the our monogram in the frames.

I just put the lettering on white paper and it was done in minutes. I'll put the monogram back in after the holidays. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and blessed New year. Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Cute "joy" idea above the bed.

trish said...

Your front door is so welcoming with your darling trees on either side! I love what you did with the baskets! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

trish said...

Yep! Me again.
I have had more fun catching up on your blog this evening. :o) I have managed to skip all my evening chores! :o)
I did not know that you have a shop for vinyl lettering and had a great time looking at all your beautiful designs!
I was curious, if a clear coat over the vinyl is a good idea? Basically the vinyl would go on painted wood, then the clear coat. :o)
Have a good evening.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Anonymous said...

I love the Joy! I am a sucker for JOY! It all looks so festive! Thanks for showing us around! I am stopping in from Nester's place. To see my tour click on the 'Christmas 2009' tag on the left sidebar of my blog.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

The joy above the bed is a darling idea and love your simple and elegant front door!

Manuela

Sue said...

I love the "twin" trees on either side of the door! Oooh, I made a funny... I love the ginormous tree with the burlap ribbon. Our 12 footers is pretty wide at the base, also. That sucker takes forever to decorate, and this year, Mr. S had to get on the tall ladder because I was too dizzy. I had to do a lot of supervising. LOL I am so behind visiting you girls. I spent all my time getting the house done before Dan got home from CA. Whew, now I can finally enjoy it and get back into reading my friends' blog posts. I hope that the both of you have a wonderful Christmas, Fern and Fran.
xo Sue