Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Invisible Wall

Hello everyone! We're back from a WONDERFUL trip to Las Vegas. What FUN we had and yes, we have pictures and will be blogging about our trip soon. We had FANTASTIC seats to Cher. We were in the center 11 rows back!!

I don't know if you have heard of these books, but I am here to tell you they are page turners. I had read The Invisible Wall before our trip and then went on to The Dream on the plane ride there and finished with The Golden Willow on the way back. These are memoirs of Harry Berstein's life. He was born in Stockport in Northern England and came to the U.S. when he was 12 years old. He wrote these books in his 90's!! No that is not a typo.

He had a very rough life with an alcoholic/abusive father and a very caring mother. Go to www.half.com and you can get these pretty cheap. I love half.com and buy all my books from there. If you do read theses or if you already have, please email me and let my know what you thought.

3 comments:

Yours Faithfully said...

Loved your site! Nice variety of topics.

Sue said...

HI Girls, Glad you're back and that you had a great trip! I had so much fun getting my house done up for fall. Yes, I made that front door basket. Just filled it with some floral foam and added some flower stems that I found at the dollar tree. Inexpensive to make, but I think it looks like almost a million bucks... LOL
:-) Sue

Cynthia said...

Glad you had a great trip- and a chance to read! Can't wait to hear about it.

I'm still on vacation. I read a great book too- it's called "I'm So Happy For You" and I thought it was a really interesting look at women and their complex friendships.

Yeah for vacation AND the chance to read good books. Thanks for the recommendations.