Sunday, October 18, 2009

THE GRANITE IS COMING :o)

EDIT: My cabinets looked white so here's a close up. They are pearl with brown glaze.

The granite is suppose to be put in next Sat. I can't wait! Upper cabinets are not installed yet. Cabinets are pearl with a brown glaze. Will take close ups later. My husband has done everything. We took down all the walls and ceilings to make this living room/ dining room/ kitchen all one. Our house is small and we think we did a great job with the area. We added a ton of storage. As you can see we are still in the remodeling stage. My husband built the island. The only thing my husband will not be doing is the granite. Our island is going to be cherry wood with brandy wine stain.

The island is going to get black pearl granite. This will seat 5 people. We have added a ton of new lighting.

Where the new butler's pantry is now use to be part of our living room. We wanted to incorporate it into the kitchen so we decided to do a butler's pantry. I love it. We have a window seat that will get granite. Lots of storage.

We got the counter depth fridge. I think the family is getting very spoiled with the ice and water dispenser.

This is a picture of the sink area. To the right is my new dishwasher. My hubby rigged it up a couple of weeks ago so I could start using it. I have been with out a kitchen longer than I wish to admit and the one thing I missed the most was my DISHWASHER!! Yeah! No more doing the dishes in a tub in the tub!! The new dishwasher so far is a dream come true. The dishes sparkle they are so happy :o) We put little drawers all around the sink so we wouldn't have any empty space.

Great lazy susan in the middle cabinet. Very big and deep. We have lots of trim work and crown yet to do.

Here is my HUGE oven. It is 36 inch oven. I remember with the old kitchen I went and got a turkey for Thanksgiving and my oven was too small!! I could probably put double that in this one and we're only a family of 3! Thank goodness we have lots of family and friends to help eat all the goodies I plan to bake in this oven. The cabinet drawers on the left of the oven are huge and I think I will be putting pots and pans in them. Above the stove is a huge hood and on the sides will be pull out spice racks. The oven and sink cabinets are bump outs.


This is a picture of our island cabinets. We went with a microwave drawer that will be in the island and I also got two huge drawers with pegs that will hold our dishes. We will be installing the upper cabinets after the granite is in.
We have ceramic in the kitchen/butler's pantry and hubby is installing our wood floors for the living room and dining room right now!
I will share more next week after the granite gets installed.

8 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is going to be STUNNING!! I can't wait to see it finished and I know the granite will be
Fab-u-lous!!!

Isn't it wonderful to have a handy husband!!!

Lou Cinda :)

southerninspiration said...

How exciting!!! I cannot wait to see it all pulled together! you lucky girl, you! ;)

suzanne

Auntie D said...

Oh my goodness! It looks amazing already! I can't wait to see the finished!! Good job to both you and your husband!

I am sure you are ready to have your kitchen back...and the open concept is awesome!! You will LOVE it!

3LittleByrds said...

Oh I'm so jealous. I love it all. Your hubby is doing a great job. I would never even attempt a job this big with my hubby. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. The hubby is back on his way to Ill. tom. morning and today here in sunny Fla. it was 62 degrees. Not much hotter than there today I don't think.

By the way do you mind sharing the paint color and glaze color from your cabinets? I'm wanting a color like this for my bathroom.

Kimberly said...

Your kitchen is going to be fabulous. Can't wait to see the granite you picked. I remember we had such a time picking out granite, so many choices. Love the oven too. I used to have the same problem with my old oven, I couldn't fit a standard cookie sheet in it. You will love having space to fit a turkey and some sides. Happy cooking!!

Cynthia said...

Aboslutely gorgeous! Excellent use of space too- you really maximized what you've got.

Your hubs should be proud of himself because he's done a wonderful job. And as the daughter of a custom cabinet maker, I know good work when I see it!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Wow what a great kitchen you are going to have ! Love,love, love that stove !!!

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

This all sounds so familiar. We just finished a kitchen reno. Your's looks amazing! I can't wait to see it finished. Everything from the cabinets to the appliances. Gorgeous! Hope you're surviving.
Kelly