Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hope this puts a smile on your face. :o)



Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment
community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection
and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities
turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry
Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and
Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a
man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in
show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not
considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked
schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty
old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John
Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is
also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the
occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone
else who may be having a crumby day and kneads a lift .
Twin and I laughed so hard we were crying.
We are VERY BUSY with our new business and will be posting some hints in a day or two so get ready neighbors.

14 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

This is very cute...but don't go saying he's dead...HE CAN'T BE DEAD...I haven't eaten enough of his biscuits yet!

Picket said...

Oh you two doodleheads!!! Bend over so I can kick you...I turn the computer on and see SAD NEWS and i rush right over and you are taking about the 'doughboy'!!!!! lol lol It was cute but you scared me...you just ain't right! lol

Lisa (aka) French said...

He he he THis was really cute;) French

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

someone sent me this not too long ago. So cute .

Bo said...

Hi Twins...Just coming by to check on you and found me some giggles!
;-) Bo

Buffie said...

HAHAHAHAHA! HA!


Buffie :)

nikkicrumpet said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes...turning 48 really isn't bothering me...my daughter has been rounding my age up for years...she says it's to prepare me for turning the big 5 0
Have a great day!

Picket said...

Happy Halloween you two...hope you have a great time!

bj said...

Oh, 2xSweetness...this did make me laugh soooo hard !!
Thanks for sharing this!
love, bj

Picket said...

Hey you two...I am so sorry that today is a sad day for you...I couldn't imagine the pain of your loss losing a mama...I know that bad things happen to good people every day in this life and sometimes we don't always get the answer we were hoping for when we pray...but I do know God will take every dark situation and make light come from it...no matter what we face in this life he will see us thru..I know there is a special connection between the two of you and I am just so thankful to have met you two little toots....I have a little set of twin grandbabies...a boy & a girl...I stood outside the delivery room door and cried and prayed with everything within me as I heard my sweet daughter-in-law cry out in pain during labor..something went wrong and the babies were stillborn..I remember when we buried them standing there in such disbelief..having no answer for my son...but one year later...I stood ouside the door again and heard the cries of my newborn grandson as he entered into this world...Thanks for coming by..you two take care and have a great week!

Our Complete Family said...

What a giggle this gave me! Hoping you girls had a great Halloween and that your November is off to a GREAT start! ~ Les

Rue said...

That was really cute girls LOL

hugs,
rue

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Very clever! I really liked it!
Carrie

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I needed this laugh!!!