Friday, June 5, 2009

Our Office-Creative Chaos!


My home office is used for our business.
This first picture shows the steps we take in making things. It's hard to see but first above the sign is how the vinyl looks when it comes out of the machine. Next is after it is weeded. Then you put transfer tape on your letters and then apply it.


Our office is in my bonus space above our garage. It isn't a very big space and we have basically used it as a computer room since we built our home 10 years ago. The floor plan to get to this room is not a good one. You go through the master bedroom and then the master bath to get to it. Yuck. But the room has come in very handy and I'm glad to have it.


Twin's husband built us this desk so we could work side by side! It came up in pieces and was then put together. Fern does all the computer work and I do the weeding, taping etc. Honestly, our office is usually messy. We work hard on orders and usually don't pick up right away. There is a lot of waste with all the cutting, weeding, vinyl backing etc. It's not unusual to fill the trash can a few times a day.


This is our vinyl machine. It took some time to figure out how to use the software but we love what we're doing...together. I'm sure there are some even cleaner, prettier offices to look at so go on over to Kelly's Korner and check them out.

8 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Cool!!! I love your work!

Suzanne

tiarastantrums said...

very cool stuff you have there

Newlywed Next Door said...

Cool office!

imjacobsmom said...

You guys are lucky you get to hang out together - it looks like it would be a lot of fun to create your signs. ~ Robyn

Cynthia said...

It's great to have your own space even if it isn't perfect looking at all times. As soon as I think of something to have made in vinyl, I'll be e-mailing. I just can't quite figure out what I want.

Ann said...

Oh it looks like so much fun and not so much work.

bj said...

I loved looking at your work space...
My daughter and son in law LOVED the sign you made for them...
hugs, bj

Made In The South said...

Its not easy to get to it, but don't ya love the extra room? Our bonus room I have to go in the utility room to get to it. But I would not give up that space for nothing. So glad ya'll are staying busy. You are so lucky to get to work together.