Friday, October 28, 2011

Having an only child

Kelly from Kelly's Korner is featuring only children today. When we got married we wanted to start a family right away. I thought 3 children would be great and my husband wanted a baseball team! What I thought was going to take us 9 months took us 8 1/2 years and one miscarriage. I must admit there were  A LOT of tears along the way. On 12/04/95 we were blessed with a wonderful little boy we named Logan. It might not of been an easy road towards parenthood but I tell everyone Logan has been the EASIEST child to raise. He is such a blessing. I never planned on having an only child but I am so happy God's plan was for me to be Logan's mom. He is very close to Fran's (my twin) 3 children and I know that he will always have them in his life.

Logan is now a Sophomore and is planning on becoming a doctor.  He wants 4 kids of his own so I will have lots of little ones to love! (I am in no hurry) I have read a lot of blogs with couples having problems with having a family of their own and my heart goes out to them. I was one of them and I just want to say don't give up. All your tears and heartache will all be forgotten when you hold your new baby in your arms whether you give birth to that child or adopt. For me being a mom has been the greatest gift I have ever received. Thank you Lord for letting me be Logan's mom.

4 comments:

Alisha Harris said...

Such a sweet post! My husband and I recently learned that I can't have any more children (I have a 2 year old boy) because of my cancer diagnosis while I was pregnant. We are looking into adoption, as it has always had a special place in my heart ever since I was young, but I know if we never go through with that, I am too blessed for GOd giving me Ryder, he's such an amazing little boy and I am SO blessed to have had him.

Lisa said...

I love this post! We tried for 3 years before getting pregnant and we cherish our daughter. It's great to see an uplifting post from someone who has gone through difficulty also.

P.S. I love the name Logan. If our daughter had been a boy, she would have been Logan. :)

Unknown said...

Stopping from Kelly's Korner! I have an only too.

What a wonderful tribute to your son. What a special guy!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Awww, I love this post. I have been on the search off and on for some only child blogs. While I love to read the daily's of mom's with five I would like to find some moms like me ;-) I have one six year old (kinda by choice). I hoped for three to start with, one miscarriage and then finally blessed with him after 4 years. Thanks for your post.