Sunday, February 14, 2010

One crazy post

This is going to be a crazy post because I can't figure out how to fix the pictures. I wanted to talk about using a Kohl's charge and how it saves you money. I don't promote charge cards as they sometimes get people in trouble but the secret is not to purchase anything you don't have the money in the bank to cover and pay them off before the end of the month. Never carry a balance. When I use my charge card at Kohl's I write a check and pay for it right then so I don't even receive a bill. Any way, with a Kohl's charge you will receive coupons in the mail all the time. About every 6 weeks you will get one that saves you either 15,20, or 30%. Twin and I go shopping when one of us gets the 30% and this time I was looking for a dress for my son's graduation. Twin found this one for me and luckily it was my size because it was the only one they had. Regular $59.00, on clearance for 20.00 and I got it for $14.00.

Twin and I got these shoes in Vegas and I think I'll wear red with the dress. Shoes and jewelry. The thing I love about this dress is that you can put any color with it. Pink, yellow, or lime green would be great colors too.
I may wear it with the red felt flower I made on the waist or try a red belt. Because I ended up spending $100.00, I also got $20.00 in Kohl's cash to spend later. I just love that store.

5 comments:

southerninspiration said...

oh me, too. Currently I am trying to decide if I should use my 30% off on a dyson vacuum that they have on sale, too! I probably will......
and they have the Kcups, too, and at 30% off on sale, they are very reasonable!!!
thanks!
Cute, cute dress!

Suzanne

3LittleByrds said...

I love Kohl's. My mil does the same thing with her Kohl's card. She charges it then pays it off right then. Cute finds.

Kimberly said...

Every time I go to Kohl's and they ask me if I'd like to open a charge card I say no out of irritation of being bugged about opening a credit card. However, I should reconsider. I buy most of Hayley's clothes there and could probably get a better savings by having a card. Thanks for sharing your finds. The dress is super cute and those shoes are just as adorable. Your son will have one stylish mom at his graduation.

Lori Allberry said...

Wuuuuuuuuuu Huuuuuuuuuuu, you go girl! Oh my goodness, ok, first of all, I couldn't agree with you more - you must pay off your credit cards every month! I didn't know you could do it immediately with a store credit card, though? I actually only have my Visa card, I do not have any store credit cards. I wish, wish, wish I had a Kohl's here, the closest one is 2 1/2 hours away! Boo Hoo for me!
But secondly, you are figuring out what to wear for graduation already? Oh my goodnessssss! I haven't even begun to think about that??? All I have done so far, is reserving the location for the party! We must talk graduation party plans!!!!

♥Lori

Kristen said...

What a great deal on such a darling dress!