Sunday, January 18, 2009

Please Pray for Brayden

You can read all about Brayden here

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Today's Report on Brayden

Today was a rough day. Brayden's numbers are down and he has a new doctor - they switch every two weeks and our doctor was at the end of her rotation. During the weekends there are also different attendings, and the doctor that is with him right now is the man who started the NICU unit of the Children's Hospital. He has been there for 30 something years and knows a lot about PPHN.

Brayden's jaundice numbers are up to 23 but they say that is the least of their worries, and that it is being caused by all of the medications that he is on. Currently, he is on a sedative, a pain reliever, a paralyzer, a PPHN med, 2 or 3 BP meds and something else....forgive me, I'm super tired and I know I'm missing one med. It is very hard to see all of these things being pumped into him.

I don't have new pictures because he is under two very large jaundice lights and the pictures aren't turning out. His little skin is drying out from the lights and I just want to make it all better and make it all go away but I can't. But God can, and he hears our prayers and I am so thankful for each and every one of you and your prayers on his behalf.

Thank you so much to all of you...those I know, those I have met through Blogland and those who have found our story through all of you who have posted prayer requests on our behalf. We love you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Remember to be praying for Harper too. She is not out of the woods yet.


7 comments:

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

I'm praying. This is heart-wrenching. I'm praying. ~ Laurie

nikkicrumpet said...

He will remain in my prayers as will all of his precious family. It's just so sad to see an innocent little baby going through so much!

Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I am praying for this sweet baby!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

It is so nice of you to post about this...I have seen a lot about baby Harper and Brayden over the weekend...so I have been praying! :)
Carrie

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Praying for Harper and Brayden and their families. May god bless.

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I have been thinking of you. How are you doing? I miss seeing you post! Hopefully you are really busy with your business.
Hugs, Terrie